4000 PCI Express
Multiprotocol PCIe Avionics Communication Board
Excalibur Systems is proud to release the latest carrier board in the 4000 family of multiprotocol carrier boards. The EXC-4000PCIe is a x1 PCI express card complying to PCIe specification 1.1. It supports up to four independent 4000 family avionics communication modules, allowing multiple different protocols to be mixed and matched on a single card. Additionally, the EXC-4000PCIe supports fast DMA transfers for reducing processor and system latency time.
Each module can support any of the following protocols:
- ARINC-429/575 (5 or 10 channels per module)
- ARINC-708/453 (2 channels per module)
- MIL-STD-1553 (single function, multifunction, or monitor only)
- Discrete I/O (20 channels per module)
- Serial RS485/RS422/RS232 (2 or 4 channels per module)
- CAN 2.0 (2, 4, or 6 channels per module)
- MMSI (AS5652)
The EXC-4000PCIe supports extensive error injection and detection capabilities, IRIG B Time Code input, and can be ordered with an extended operating temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC and conformal coating.
It is supplied with C drivers, including source code, MerlinPlus and Mystic software for Windows, and is fully compatible with Excalibur’s Exalt PlusAnalysis Laboratory Tools.